Friday, October 2, 2009

TWD: Chocolate-Crunched Caramel Tart

I know this is super late, but I still wanted to post about it anyway. This week's Tuesday with Dorie was chosen by Carla of Chocolate Moosey.


I was supposed to make a chocolate-crunched caramel tart, but I didn't have any nuts, so no crunch, and I was really tired, so I decided to skip the caramel (plus I haven't had good luck with it yet), and I was lazy even further and decided to use my leftover puff pastry for a crust instead of making tart dough, so it wasn't even really a tart.


I guess you could call this a collaboration of TWD and DB, or TWDB.


All that said, I wish I had made this according to recipe. The ganache was good, but it lacked sweetness that would have been there from the caramel, and I think I would have preferred tart crust in this application. I guess I'll just have to try again some other time. After I get some sleep.


So go check out some of the other TWDers, if you haven't already!

2 comments:

TeaLady said...

Hope you are rested and better.

The chocolate covered puff pastry looks good.. Nothing wrong with that.

Christina and Jacob said...

Thanks for the well wishes. It's always so hard to balance the desire to bake my heart out and the desire for sleep, but I'm learning and experiencing new things along the way. :)