Friday, October 30, 2009

Blender Banana Bread

Ever since I can remember, my mom has been making this banana bread. And I've always loved it. It's a perfect loaf of just bananas, no nuts or anything, and it's just plain good!



And it's so easy to put together. If you've got some overripe bananas, a blender, and a bowl, you can whip this bread up for an afternoon snack. Make two, and you've got some for breakfast.

Blender Banana Bread
from My Momma

2 1/2 cups flour, sifted
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup soft butter
1 egg
3 small bananas, sliced
1/2 cup milk

In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
Put into the blender the sugar, butter, egg, bananas, and milk.
Blend, and pour the blended mixture over the dry ingredients. Mix until ingredients are well moistened.
Pour batter into a greased 9-by-5-by-3 loaf pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degree over for 1 hour.
Cool on a rack, slice, and eat.

Don't forget to viist here to vote for Iron Cupcake!

6 comments:

The Purple Foodie said...

Delicous looking bread you have here!

Anonymous said...

is that 2 1/2 cups of flour?

Anonymous said...

COOOOOOL! :)國民旅遊卡,麻辣火鍋,喝水,多喝水,火車,喝水,火花,多喝水,喝茶,四物湯,喝水,喝茶論壇,吃喝玩樂,鹼質好喝,啤酒,程式,多喝水,喝水程式,生化湯,檸檬水,喝水,喝水,喝酒,喝茶,喝水,羊奶,喝茶吃魚,經痛,桂格,吃吃喝喝,黑松,羊奶,軍火,豆漿,喝酒,喝水,喝水,喝多少水,喝茶,喝水,台中,喝水,天堂,台中,青花瓷,菜花,聊天,民宿,線上,花岩山林,秘密花園,名模花花,花朵,寶徠,林家花園,花蓮美食,清潔,花語,白河,流星花園,熱水器,花園歌,民宿,電影城,花蓮房屋,蔡依林,流星花園,火花遊戲,桃花,夜市

Christina and Jacob said...

Whoops, sorry about that. I've corrected the mistake. I guess my fingers got a little too excited. :)

TeaLady said...

I am so glad you have changed your web site. I have made this bread several times and have NEVER been able to leave a comment and tell you how much I like this banana bread.

Thanks for the recipe.

sarah said...

I too remember my mom using the blender to make banana bread. In fact, I think her recipe came in the recipe book she got with the blender many, MANY years ago.